National Lawyers’ Campaign For Judicial Transparency And Reforms
1) Advertisement of vacancies of Judges of the higher judiciary;
2) Creation of a Judicial Ombudsman;
3) Audio/video-recording of proceedings of all Courts and Tribunals;
4) Reintroduction of the transfer policy;
5) Bring an end to the “Uncle Judge Syndrome”;
6) Abolition of the practice of designation of Advocates as a Senior Advocates;
7) Repeal of Contempt of Courts Act, 1971;
8) Introduce a transparent mechanism in the appointment of Standing Counsel/Panel Advocates/Legal Officers for State
9) Simplification of procedures;
10) To bring an end to the tribunalisation of justice;
11) Within the original jurisdiction under Articles 226, 32 and also within Article, 136 to allow the parties to adduce evidence and bring in at least a modicum of fairness in the decision-making process.
12) Introduction of moratorium or cooling period for the post retirement appointment of Judges in to any public offices.
Mathews J Nedumpara